Salaam!
I'm sorry for the delay in the update of this topic,it was due to some commitment I got involved in,for that I apologize. Let's continue from where we stopped, shall we?
Let me remind you of the definition of a terrorist.
a terrorist is "A person, group,
or organization that uses violent action, or
the threat of violent action, to further
political goals; frequently in an attempt to
coerce either a more powerful opponent,
(such as a citizen or group targeting a
government), or conversely, a weaker
opponent, (such as a government, or even
an internal citizen or group, being targeted
by a larger government)."
By definition,any body,any group,any government,be it state or national that threatens,acts or coerce with violence is a terrorist. It goes to mean that anybody,irrespective of religious affiliation can be a terrorist. Now,the question is who are the terrorist?Charity,the say begins from home. Let's kick off with Nigeria, my country.
Boko haram is d number one. No doubt, it falls in the bracket. The major reason for discussing this matter of terror at all is the affiliation of Islam with terror which has gone universal. Alhamdulillah,I was able to differentiate between Islam and Terrorism. So,today,all I'll add is the fact those who tries to make a case of terrorism for Islam after reading my last blog post is either feigning ignorance (a major character of hypocrites!) or lacks a good command of English language!
Another note worthy terror group going by the dictionary meaning of terrorists is the MEND group of the Niger Delta no wonder they embraced the amnesty program of our late president, President Umar Yaradua. Some say MEND are freedom fighters to which I disagree based on the terrorist definition above.
They threaten violence, they carry out violence acts,they do kidnapping, oil Bunker and bombing of pipelines and on top of that,THEY DON'T CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR COMMUNITIES' DEVELOPMENT IN ANYWAY. YET THEY CLAIM TO BE FREEDOM FIGHTERS. Just like any other terror groups, they receive heavy funding from political leaders in their area. If have been following my illustration and comparing it to the definition of a terrorist above, you would agree with me that MEND is actually a terrorist group NOT a freedom fighting group.
These are the major terror groups we presently have in Nigeria.
Internationally,you already have heard of Alqaeda,Alshabaab,Taliban and ISIL. But are they the only terror groups around? This question came to my mind when I chat with people on Facebook. So I searched Google and discovered the there are other terror groups worldwide, but,the media had refused to make mention of them...DELIBERATELY!!!
I say deliberately coz when I searched Google, I discovered that we have Christian, Jewish and racist terror groups. Just search Google with 'Christian terrorism' for instance and you'll be amazed of what you'll find. Seleka Christian terror group operates,AS WE SPEAK,in Central African Republic...ever heard of it? I very much doubt it. THIS IS WHY I SAID THAT THE MEDIA ESPECIALLY THE WESTERN ARE TRYING THEIR BEST POSSIBLE TO ENSNARE ISLAM WITH TERRORISM.
In terms of State terror groups, the one that readily comes to mind is Israel! Israel has been terrorizing Palestinians for close to a century. They wouldn't have been able to do it if not for the grand support they receive from the United States. The recent crisis tells it all!
So next time you hear people talk terrorism as Islamic ,you should be able to confidently defend your religion and point out,WITH FACTS,the true face of terrorists.
Salaam.
Comments
Post a Comment