I am a PROUD Jihadist!

I'm so sorry for yet another break. It was due to a project I was handling that has reached a conclusive end. I had to pay maximum attention to it so as to ensure its success. One more thing,this is Rabi'ul Awwal and it's already going to an end.
Rabi'ul Awwal is the third month of the Islamic calendar. On the 12th of this month marks the birthday of the Prophet. To some,it's a season of celebration,some,however, believe it's bid'a,an innovation which is a grave offense in Islam. To these people, we have just 3 occasion calls for celebration and are backed with evidences from the Quran and the Sunnah. They are the weekly Jumu'a, eidil fitri and eidil Kabeer...Moulud according to these guys if forbidden in Islam...it's from the midst of such people do we have another group who,in their own believe,Moulud Nabiyy is NOT to be celebrated but it's worth marking.
The argument of those that stir this middle cause of marking and not celebrating the Moulud Nabiyy is that truly,we haven't been commanded to celebrate the prophet's birthday but we can however,mark this day because the prophet too used to mark it by fasting on Mondays. Hence, fasting on Mondays is the BEST form of Moulud Nabiyy you can ever do. This doesn't mean there are no other ways to mark the Moulud, it's just that marking it on weekly basis as the prophet has done leads all other ways of marking it.
Among other ways of marking the Moulud is the gathering of people to tell the story of the Prophet, Moulud can be celebrated by teaching the Prophet's biography to the people, you can also teach people how the Prophet do tackle issues and the encouragement of Muslims in attendance to emulate him. Moulud Nabiyy celebration can also be used as a fundraiser for laudable Islamic projects BUT NEVER FOR THE PURPOSE OF PERSONAL GAINS! This, unfortunately, is the major reason behind the marking of the Mould for a very good number of clerics.
Yes! They invite to Moulud celebration,but,when you get their, the only thing you hear and see is praise singing of this or that Sheikh and nothing else! According to a friend,there was a time he attended one and he noticed that back stage,the Cleric that was supposed to anchor the program and some on the high table had taken alcoholic drinks! Subhanallah!
In fact,according to him,that was the last time he attended Moulud program.
It's worth noting that it's not compulsory to attend such programs and just as I said earlier, we don't CELEBRATE but MARK the day. For the sake of emphasis,THE BEST WAY TO MARK IT IS TO MARK IT ON MONDAYS JUST AS THE PROPHET HAD. If you can't,then mark it annually WITH THOSE THAT MARK IT WITH PUBLIC LECTURES OR FUNDRAISER FOR AN ISLAMIC PROJECT!
As a Jihadist,these are the recommended options. Pick any or all options, please note that you don't have to overburden yourself, just do as much as you can. If you can do all,all the better. It's an Avenue by which one can move very close to God and gain His Favor...If things are done well and rightly too. Meaning that YOU AND I CAN BECOME CLOSE FRIENDS OF GOD SHOULD WE MARK HIS PROPHET'S BIRTHDAY IN APPRECIATION TO HIM FOR SENDING HIM TO US.
I am a Jihadist who is always trying to please my Creator as much as I can...marking the MOULUD is a brilliant way to do so too and I have and still looking for more Moulud Nabiyy by which I can gain more Favour He in Whose hands my life is!
I shall conclude with the conluding part of the following verse;Q:2:158
"...And if any one obeyeth his own impulse to good,- be sure that Allah is He Who recogniseth and knoweth. "
Salaam.
Regards,
Alfa Jainx.

Comments