Friday means different things to different people. To us, Muslims, Friday is 'Yaoma Jumu'a' which simply means 'Day of Gathering'. It is a day we gather to worship and celebrate.
In Islam, we have 3 Festivities. They are Yaoma Jumu'a (Fridays), Eidil Fitri (Celebration after the completion of Ramadhan) and Eidil Kabeer (a.k.a. Eidil Adha it's the celebration during which we sacrifice some selected animals in worship).
So, when I say 'Thank God it's Friday',I'm not just about the weekend, but a day when I look up to for worship and celebration. Just as during the Eid days, you are expected to appear in your very best in terms of clothing,eating, visits among many other ways by which we celebrate.
For instance, I LOVE Pounded yam, though it's expensive, I strive to ensure I eat it on Fridays.Islam, appreciates it when we check on our loved ones. If you are one of the very many out there that have so much to do during the week, may I suggest you make it a point of duty to at least call on your family and friends to wish them well on Fridays. I do receive these kinds of messages and it hurts really bad that I'm still struggling in replicating or at least do that to those that don't send to me. It's wrong and dangerous to live like that, I'm changing, you should consider doing so too. It is compulsory to keep family ties! Thirty minutes to an hour in a week wouldn't be too much to spend on phone asking after one's family and friends, right?
On Fridays, there are 3 acts of worship that you should adopt. The first is taking the Friday ritual birth just as you do during other eid days. The second is the recitation of Suratul Kahf and the third is asking for a lot of blessings, peace and mercy for the Prophet (S.A.W.).
The first set is as though they sacrificed a camel and the last is though he gave an egg in charity! In between are those that get the reward as though they sacrificed a cow, ram,sheep, goat and hen in that order!
When you take the voluntary ritual birth, you are increased in cleanliness and rewards. Recitation Suratul Kahf too, have its benefits, one of them being that your face shall increase in glow of spirituality. As for the prayers for the Prophet, according to the Prophet, he would be informed about it and you shall receive ten times of the number you make for him. Personally, I plan to make at least a thousand. I do make 4 000+ when I have the time coz, I experience a relatively more ease when I do that. You should consider doing that too!
On a final note, there's an hour on Friday during which all forms prayers are answered. according to the view of many scholars, this hours is between Asri and Maghrib. So, if you are the type that pray during this time before, I congratulate you. You should consider doing this too if haven't being doing so...even when you've got nothing specific to ask for, ask for the goodies of this life and that of the Akhira during that time. Increase in acts of worship on Fridays so as to join life to the fullest.
Salaam!



Comments
Post a Comment