What Shari'ah Says About Racism

The Above picture says it all. We are all the same from the same source! No one man is greater than the other. We are here fighting for the same thing from the same Being which is Salvation from Allah Subhanahu wata'ala. Islam says no to racism. This is why you can't afford to be one of those that are clamoring for the eviction of the Fulanis down South!

When there is a Rift You Should Resolve it Amicably
Agreed. The Fulanis might look dominating or are in fact dominating in some areas, but, that's not a reason to revolt against them. In my opinion, it's an opportunity for you guys to learn about the flaws in your own culture and make amends!
Unless you allow it, a stranger can not take over your inheritance in your home ground. The Fulanis take only what is available for taking, they can't have what is jealously guarded.
I was discussing this issue with a friend in the Mosque this morning and he was like the Fulanis are truly provoking and exhibit a great deal of the 'Born To Rule' mentality and I was like what's wrong with that???
If you ask me, we all have that mentality, it's not an exclusive trait of the Fulanis, the British has it, the Chinese...even the Japanese do have it let alone the Americans. It's a universal trait...everyone has it!
Despite all the declaration of the Universal human right and sovereignty of nations, the fact still remains that 'Jungle Justice' still reign supreme in our hearts as human beings. But, as Muslims, we are charged by God to fight these tendencies to a stand still. As Muslims, we must not cheat on the Weak, rather, we should fight to protect the weak among us! So, when there's a rift, the Shari'ah requires we settle the rift amicably and justly.





The Cardinal Rule is 'Don't Oppress and Don't Be Oppressed'!
Now, still on the Matter! If you feel oppressed, I think you should let the oppressing party know about it. If they are like, 'Yea, we oppress you, what are you going to do about it?', you should appeal to higher authorities for justice. If you are denied justice, then, there are 2 things to do. The first is to analyze the issue and try spot where the problems lie while the second is to endure and pray WITH A LOT PATIENCE for Justice from God Almighty!
During your analysis, you'll be able to figure out the areas of strength and weaknesses of both yourself and the other party. If you can do something about it, please do, but, if you can't, wait on God for Justice. You don't have to take up arms against him or her!
When I applied these principles with my friend's issue, what we discovered is that the Fulanis are administrative geniuses and they use that a great deal to their advantage. Another cool area of strength they have is that they see themselves as one! They love and trust each other dearly!
Now, that's not the crime, the crime here is that they use this as a weapon against their hosts wherever they can (which is bad...very bad), but when they reach places where the hosts too are bounded together by love and trust as themselves, they behave! The Bottom line here is that host communities should learn to make for their flaws and become stronger as a nation.




 I am in no way justifying the actions of the BAD EGGS among the Fulanis, what I'm trying to make us see is that they have been largely successful because they are far more sophisticated in terms of organization, administration and communication. They see  this (lack of unity in their hosts) and take full advantage of it! Other tribes should learn from them and strengthen the bond between them just as they do and they would always behave.

Not All Fulanis Are Bad
I live in Ilorin and I love Ilorin. One thing that I've grateful about is that I have been fortunate in meeting good guys among Ilorites. So, I found it quiet incredible when people tell me that Ilorites are hypocrites who are not to be trusted or be with. I also hear that Offa people are very proud and arrogant while the Ibadans are criminal minds...I can continue!
Having taken my time to digest the many disturbing libeling, I discovered that they are not to be ingested but ejected. I discovered that every tribe and ethnicity is a mix of the good, bad and the ugly. Hence, I've learnt to treat people discreetly until they show me their true nature. Even at that, I won't be libeling the whole tribe or ethnic group, but that person that messed up!




Let's Be Organized and Focused
Like I said earlier, there are communities that have living with the Fulanis without wahala for years...some for decades! The reason is not far fetched.
There's this saying...a Yoruba adage "Ilu ti ko lofin, kosi ese" which literally means that there are no sin/crimes in a lawless city. People must learn to live by the rules. Every host community must have a kind of 'Mou' (i.e. Memorandum of Understanding) with their guests which help everyone know how to co-exist in peace and harmony. Punishments must be stated clearly for any breach of the Mou in the Mou. When there's a rift, everyone shall resort the Mou for resolution. We don't have to wait  for a major crisis to have such important document in place!
To set the records straight, I had to make this post. Islam is totally against racism, tribalism, nepotism and whatever name you call the inter group conflicts that ever exists! Whoever dies fighting in that cause dies a Kafir!
Wassalaamu 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu!
Barka de Jumu'a!!!

Comments